You might be asking, how do I prepare for senior year? Great question.
1. Make sure you are getting the credits you need for graduation. For a list of graduation requirements, please review the SHHS Program of Study. If you are uncertain about the credits you've earned, then please contact your counselor.
2. Make sure you have gotten or are getting close to completing your community service hours. You will turn them into your counselor or our registrar, Kristi Robinson.
3. If you are thinking about college, this is a great time to start taking virtual and in-person tours of colleges.
4. If you are thinking about college, this is a great time to talk to your parents/guardians about how you are going to pay for college.
5. If you are looking at a path towards a career, this is a good time to start looking at the career paths towards the job you want.
Attention rising sophomores and juniors: Mercer University is accepting applications for their Certificate of Achievement and Service Excellence (CASE) program. This program seeks to identify and recognize students who embody Mercer’s commitment to research and service. Eligible applicants must have a 3.5 GPA or higher and be nominated by a counselor. Scholars will be awarded the Certificate of Achievement and Service Excellence along with a $500 scholarship, contingent upon their acceptance and matriculation to Mercer University. The deadline to apply is January 15. Please see your counselor for more information.